Google Pixel 8 in Kenya
The Google Pixel 8 price in Kenya is Ksh 120,000. The Google Pixel 8 is a flagship smartphone from Google that runs on Android 14 and is powered by a Google Tensor G3 processor and Immortalis-G715s MC10 GPU. The gadget has an internal storage option of 128/256GB and a RAM capacity of 8GB.
It comes with a dual-camera setup of 50+ 12MP at the back while on the front is a single 10.5MP camera setup. The display is 6.2 inches LTPO OLED 120Hz while the screen resolution is 1080 x 2400 pixels. The Google Pixel 8 also supports Nano-SIM/eSIM and It is fueled with a 4575mAh battery + 27W wired charging and 18W wireless charging.
Google Pixel 8 Key Features
|2G||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA 800 / 1700 / 1900
|3G||HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
|4G||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 – GKWS6, G9BQD|
|5G||1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 70, 71, 77, 78, 258, 260, 261 SA/NSA/Sub6/mmWave – GKWS6
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 40, 41, 48, 66, 70, 71, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6 – G9BQD
|Speed||HSPA, LTE-A (CA), 5G|
|Dimensions||150.5 x 70.8 x 8.9 mm (5.93 x 2.79 x 0.35 in)|
|Weight||187 g (6.60 oz)|
|Colors||Obsidian, Hazel, Rose|
|Material||Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum frame|
|SIMs||Nano-SIM and eSIM|
|Water/Dust||IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)|
|Type||OLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1400 nits (HBM), 2000 nits (peak)|
|Resolutions||1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio|
|PPI||428 ppi density|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
|CPU||Nona-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-X3 & 4×2.45 GHz Cortex-A715 & 4×2.15 GHz Cortex-A510)|
|Chipset||Google Tensor G3 (4 nm)|
|Storage||128GB / 256GB|
|Main Dual||50 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
12 MP, f/2.2, 126˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.9″, 1.25µm
|Features||Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift, Auto-HDR, panorama|
|Videos||4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, 10-bit HDR|
|Front||10.5 MP, f/2.2, 20mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1″, 1.22µm, PDAF
|Type||Li-Ion 4575 mAh, non-removable|
|Charging||27W wired, PD3.0, PPS, 50% in 30 min (advertised)
|Sensors||Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Sound||Yes, with stereo speakers
3.5mm Jack No
|USB||USB Type-C 3.2|
|Walan||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct|
|Bluetooth||5.3, A2DP, LE, aptX HD|
|GPS||GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (G1), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)|
Google Pixel 8 Overview
The Google Pixel 8 Build
- Design: OLED
- Display: 6.2 inches
- Color: Obsidian, Hazel, Rose
Coming to the display, the Google Pixel 8 measures a 6.2-inch display that is thinner and has bezels around it. The screen-to-body ratio of the Pixel 8 is 85.5% providing you with enough play area to view content on your phone. The display equally comes with 120Hz providing you with a smooth experience. One thing that you will love is the peak of 2000 nits providing you with a better display when viewing content outside in the sun.
The screen resolution of the Pixel 8 is 1080 x 2400 pixels, which is good, especially when we compare it with the previous model Pixel 7. You are definitely going to enjoy watching movies and playing games with the display of the Google Pixel 8.
The Google Pixel 8 Cameras
- Main Camera: 50 MP (wide) and 12 MP (ultrawide).
- Front Camera:10.5 MP (ultrawide)
- Video(Main/Front): 4K@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, 10-bit HDR
Upgraded Camera Hardware
Absolutely love to see that Google upgraded the camera of the Pixel 8 series with a flagship 50-megapixel (MP) primary camera. This camera has a 21% amplification in light sensitivity when compared to the Pixel 7 series. This single feature will ensure that even if you are taking content in low light the pixel will give you incredible shots. You also get the autofocus performance in low-light scenarios is significantly expedited. It is good to see Google introduce the autofocus to its ultrawide camera. In the previous model, the autofocus was reserved for the Pro model smartphones.
Moreover, Google ensured that the selfie camera also had autofocus in place. This sets new standards when it comes to taking selfies. Unlike the Pixel 7 Pro, the 48 MP ultrawide camera lens captures 105% more light and allows focusing at a proximity of 30% closer. Thus you are able to take remakable Macro Focus shots with a captivating aesthetic blur.
Dual Exposure Technology
Now, let’s delve into the marvel of Dual Exposure technology. This feature is available on the primary camera of both the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro. Thanks to this feature the content you capture with the Pixel 8 has enhanced sharpness and the graininess in video recordings is greatly minimized. Even in low light conditions the dual exposure enables you to capture high-quality content. If you are a vlogger, then taking video content will appear very natural and you will be happy with the vibrant colors captured on your phone with minimal noise.
Image and Video Quality with Real Tone
For the last three years, Google has focused on creating a camera that has a wide spectrum of human skin tones. With the release of the Pixel 8 they cater to a community of photographers and content creators. Ensuring that they capture real tone that encapsulates the rich diversity of human skin tones in photographs and videos. Additionally, Google has enhanced the flash to incorporate Night Sight technology. Thus ensuring that even in flash photographs, darker skin tones retain their natural appearance. You are going to love how real tone is captured in the Google pixel smartphone.
Front Camera Specifications
At the front you get a 10.5 MP ultra-wide camera. This camera also has auto focus that allows you to take jawdropping selfies. You are ablsolutely going to fall in love with the quantity of the photos that you will capture with the Pixel 8. You also get additional camera setting such as white balance, exposure, and shadow brightness controls. This settings allows you to manually adjust the focus of the camera, the shutter speed and ISO settings.
The Google Pixel 8 Performance
- Processor (CPU, GPU, RAM): Google Tensor G3, Nona-core and Immortalis-G715s MC10
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- OS: Android 14
- Connectivity (sim conf): Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7, tri-band, Wi-Fi Direct
Google operating system
You have to love the fact that Google has introduced notable advancements with the Google Pixel 8 compared to the Pixel 7. When it comes to the perfromance Google built the Pixel 8 series with the Tensor G3 processor. This processor improves the perfromance of the Pixel 8 through the hardware and software. Furthermore, the display comes with with an impressive 120 Hz refresh rate. This is a great improvement that the chipset makes possible over the Pixel 7 90Hz refresh rate. Overrally providing you with a maximum refresh rate and performance with the Pixel 8 Pro’s series.
The Tensor G3 chipset makes the phone a highly responsive device. This gives you the capability of doing a multitude of tasks, such as harnessing machine learning capabilities, and even hosting local Low-Level Machine (LLM) generative AI functions. Though, rest in the fact that the Pixel 8 possesses sufficient power to perform daily smartphone activities. If you will want it to playback a video or render a web page or quickly edit a photo or video. The Pixel 8’s day-to-day performance is nothing short of exceptional. Google placed empasis that the Tensor G3’s empowers AI applications. This is the main distinguishing feature within the broad landscape of Android-powered smartphones.
The Google Pixel 8 Battery
- Capacity: Li-Ion 4575 mAh
- Charging Speed: 27W wired, 50% in 30 min, 18W wireless
- Recommend Accessories (Charging brick, Wireless Access): 1
Google comes with a massive battery of 4575 mAh this is capable enough to last you comfrtable for 3 days if you are using the device on an optimum level. Though if you were to change the setting and use the phone with full brightness nits level and at maximum refresh rate. The phone should last you for a day tops. If you ran out of battery you can always use the 27W wired that will last you for 50% in 30 minutes. You also get a 18W wireless charge that can recharge your phone.
The Google Pixel 8 Summary
The Google Pixel 8 is a great phone with a lot to offer. Here is a summary of its key features, benefits, and why it’s a perfect fit for the target audience:
- The Google Pixel 8 boasts a state-of-the-art OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, and a remarkable peak brightness of 2000 nits. This screen technology provides stunning visual clarity and dynamic color reproduction.
- Equipped with a powerful dual-camera system, the Pixel 8 offers a 50 MP wide-angle lens and a 12 MP ultrawide lens, ensuring exceptional photo quality. Features like Pixel Shift, Ultra-HDR, and Best Take make it a standout choice for photography enthusiasts.
- Powered by the Google Tensor G3 chipset, the Pixel 8 delivers fast and efficient performance. Its Nona-core CPU configuration and Immortalis-G715s MC10 GPU provide smooth multitasking and immersive gaming experiences.
- The phone features a robust build with Gorilla Glass Victus on both the front and back, as well as an aluminum frame. It also has an IP68 rating, making it dust and water-resistant up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes, ensuring longevity and durability.
- With a 4575mAh non-removable battery, the Pixel 8 offers long-lasting power. It supports 27W wired charging, delivering 50% charge in just 30 minutes. Additionally, it features 18W wireless charging and reverse wireless charging, adding convenience to your charging needs.
- The high-resolution OLED display with HDR support and a high refresh rate provides a visually stunning experience, making gaming, video streaming, and content consumption more immersive and enjoyable.
- The Pixel 8’s camera system, with advanced features like Pixel Shift and Ultra-HDR, ensures that you can capture breathtaking photos in a variety of lighting conditions. It’s a perfect choice for those who want to take their mobile photography to the next level.
- The Google Tensor G3 chipset, with its nona-core CPU and dedicated GPU, ensures that the Pixel 8 performs tasks swiftly, allowing for smooth multitasking and responsive app usage.
- The Pixel 8’s rapid wired charging, wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging options ensure that you can conveniently keep your device powered up, whether you’re at home or on the go.
Forsure, Google has introduced massive impovements with the Pixel 8 compared to the Pixel 7. This changes hold paramount significance to the performance of the Pixel 8 making it a better, a faster smartphone thanks to the chipset. Coupled with the fact that you get augmented machine learning and AI capabilities with the Pixel 8.
If you are still not sure if you should upgrade to Google, I am here to give you a resounding yes, for Ksh 78,000 the Google pixel 8 offers you value for your money. However, there are intangible advantages to contemplate. My favorite thing was to see that when you purchase the Pixel 8 you also get an extended seven-year commitment to software support from Google. This feature was absent in the previous model of last year. Combine that with the fact that you get a better smartphone should encourage you to purcahse the phone.
Buy more Google smartphones in Kenya